Legally significant workflow
Legally significant electronic workflow (LSEW) enables you to quickly agree, instantly sign, safely exchange and securely store electronic documents that are fully legally valid and considered original, while guaranteeing their authenticity and integrity. The LSEW provides for the possibility of exchanging an unlimited number of different types of documents, including legal, financial and accounting documents, both within the organization, between legal entities and individuals, and with counteragents and other third-party organizations.
Today, cryptography and electronic digital signature are widely used by enterprises in various sectors of the economy and public administration to provide electronic documents of irrefutable legal significance. That is, the EDS has all the basic properties of the signature: it confirms that the received document came from the person who signed it; guarantees the integrity and protection against distortion and correction in the signed document; does not allow the person who signed the document to waive the obligations it has assumed by signing this document.
For example, according to the laws of many countries, in particular the law of Ukraine “On electronic documents and electronic workflow”, the original of an electronic document is its electronic copy with obligatory requisites, including with an electronic signature of the author or a signature equivalent to his own signature in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On electronic digital signature”.
The safety of using EDS is ensured by the fact that the tools used to work with EDS are examined by the relevant government agency of the country.
Legally significant workflow includes:
- User logging in with the System. The user’s account includes:
- Upload / Download documents
- EDS-signing of documents with time stamp
- – The presence of inbox folders.
– Ability to approve documents before signing
– Ability to send tasks and messages
– Search (attributive, full-text) in the system
– Formation of reports
– Ability to work on mobile devices
- Verification of the EDS of the document
- Send signed documents to another user in the system
- Ability to send an e-mail message to an external counterparty (for receiving, agreeing, signing documents)
- Print documents from the system with visualization of information about his EDS
- Ability to convert a signed document to a PDF/A format for long-term storage
- Support for mobile work, including EDS signing
- Integration with the electronic document management system
Advantages of introducing legally significant document circulation:
- Accelerating the workflow: reducing of time for the approval, delivery, signing and search of the necessary documents in the system up to 80%.
- Reduce the costs associated with paper workflow: printing documents, servicing of office equipment and purchasing consumables, mail and courier delivery of hard copies, archival storage of originals.
- Convenient and easy work with electronic documentation: the ability to access the necessary files at any time from stationary and mobile devices, downloading and storing documents on local storage media, printing documents with signatures, online search of files in the system, the ability to communicate in the process of approval, the availability of an electronic archive.
- Document control: instant transfer of original documents, control of their signing, impossibility of losing originals, guaranteeing authenticity of the signed document.
- Compliance with the requirements of the laws governing the implementation of electronic document management and the use of EDS.
- Uncertainty of the legal validity of the document. The ability to confirm at any time its legal significance through the EDS. Ability to use electronic documents as originals.
- Control of the integrity and invariability of the document. The impossibility of modification or changing the created and signed electronic signature document after signing. Confirmation of the authorship of the document by encrypting the private key.
- Security and confidentiality of information exchange in the transmission of electronic documents by open channels due to the cryptographic protection of information.
- Possibility of integration with the operating system of workflow of the enterprise.
Find out the value of your automation project today